20070528

Evolution Points to Jesus

I am going to have a little fun with this one.

(See here) where a Washington Post piece seems to argue that Jesus is the answer.

The piece seems to point out that the human brain is wired, through evolution, to do that which is good.

Well, then I am going to argue that you can't go wrong with Jesus. Follow Jesus and your brain will reward you with pleasurable feelings. If you want to do "the most good" and have evolution reward you with the most pleasurable feelings, follow Jesus.

Now I am not going to tell you to follow the preacher. You can follow the preacher and still end up in depression. However if you follow Jesus (and to hell with the preacher) evolution will reward you with your brain releasing chemicals that will result in pleasure.

Can you find where I find it difficult to not follow the siren call of Jesus? Jesus said something like "Sell everything you own, give it to the poor, and follow me." I resist what I call the siren call because I realize that if ALL of us respond to it, we are no longer going to have farmers that grow the food that feeds us. While Jesus gives us the siren call, we depend on some continuing to resist and doing the work we depend upon to feed us, even those of us who "lock, stock and barrel" follow Jesus.

For the "pure" to exist, the "impure" (by Jesus's standards) must also exist.

I still love Jesus. This "most pure" man still established the foundation. I am willing to build everything I do upon the foundation he established.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home