20061121

Kissinger Says Victory In Iraq Impossible

(See here) a Washington Post piece that reports Henry Kissinger says a military victory in Iraq is impossible.

Heh heh, now even the "esteemed" elder statesman Henry Kissinger is jumping on the bandwagon.

Hey Henry, why weren't you taking out your crystal ball and speaking up about this BEFORE we invaded? Don't tell me the mess we created was not foreseeable. I am only a truck driver and I was speaking up about this BEFORE the War in Iraq started. I can even remember, as I spoke up on my CB radio, having at least one invasion advocate threaten to shove an American Flag, flagpole and all, up my backside for daring to question whether the invasion was wise or not. (This happened near Carlisle, PA. I promptly parked my truck at a truckstop and informed the driver I had infuriated where I was sitting. He never showed up.)

You see, one of the reasons I was against the invasion was because of what is going on. First, let me be clear that I feared the results could have been even more disastrous then they turned out to be. However I figured that the American People would not have the stomach for the long grinding effort that would be required to bring about a favorable outcome.

When the invasion started, I hoped my fears where wrong. I am grateful that my worst fears were unfounded, however some of my fears turned out to be genuine.

Reality is that the invasion of Iraq has proven itself to be a foolish endeavor. In time, perhaps it will even be identified as something like "Bush's Folly". I think historians are going to look back at this point, and when they compare Bush 41 to Bush 43, they are going to say that Dubyah (Bush 43) was not half the man his Daddy was.

While Dubyah, when he speaks, still tries to lead America to some version of "Stay the Course", even people like Henry Kissinger are starting to "cut and run" on him.

Give it up Dubyah. Now even the war hawks are abandoning you.

Too bad the new converts did not give wise counsel to Dubyah before the invasion started.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lethal_Poison said...

I can even remember, as I spoke up on my CB radio, having at least one invasion advocate threaten to shove an American Flag, flagpole and all, up my backside for daring to question whether the invasion was wise or not. (This happened near Carlisle, PA. I promptly parked my truck at a truckstop and informed the driver I had infuriated where I was sitting. He never showed up.)



Reply- Did you honestly expect a chicken hawk to do anything besides cower behind someone else?

11/21/2006 08:11:00 AM  
Blogger Little David said...

Well, he might have been too busy to stop, or he might have already been past the exit.

Normally when someone wants to fight over something I have said I try to avoid the confrontation. I spent almost 21 years defending every citizens' freedom of speech, I do not feel I should now have to fight someone every time I exercise my own right to freedom of speech.

That particular time was the one exception to my normal rule of avoiding direct confrontation. Most times I do not want to be bothered with stopping, but that time I had planned on stopping anyway to fill my jug with coffee.

11/21/2006 08:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home