20070530

Egads - Higher Prices for Beer

Egads, fighting global warming is going to mean I have to pay higher prices for my beer! (See here) an Associated Press piece that appears on the MSNBC website that reports beer prices are going up in Deutschland (Germany).

Well, if beer brewers in Deutschland can't resist the need to raise prices, how will American brewers resist?

If the price of a six pack is going to rise, then can the price of a double cheeseburger off the McDonald's value menu not follow much longer after? Let's see, they're going to raise the minimum wage which means the worker who builds my double cheeseburger needs to be paid more. The worker is going to take those two all beef patties which (coming from a cow, which is fed corn grain) now costs more and then take two slices of cheese which (coming from milk, which comes from a cow, which is fed corn grain) now costs more and I still am going to expect to be served this delicacy at a mere buck?

Whoa is me. Defeating global warming is going to be more expensive then I thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home