20060404

Beer Commercials

While rolling through Missouri I heard a new beer commercial. It went something like "A clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory or a boring weekend." The commercial then went on to urge the listener to drink Busch Light beer.

What message did I take away from this commercial? How about "Get drunk, get stupid, and don't let your conscience get in the way of a good time."

Seems Anheuser Busch is rethinking past advertising campaigns that urged people to drink responsibly. Now the urge is for people to go ahead and get drunk and to not have any regrets about foolish behavior while drunk.

This is the same corporation that runs the advertising campaign that makes fun of certain segments of our society. If you live in America, I am sure you have heard them. They go something like "Here's to you Mr Public Restroom Urinal Scrubber".

My own opinion is that Anheuser Busch needs to put someone new in charge of their advertising. Whoever runs things for them is giving their company a black eye. I know that when I go to the store and walk up to the beer cooler, their advertising does nothing to influence me towards buying an Anheuser product. In fact it is quite the opposite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home