20051206

Feedback to blogger.com

Feedback to blogger.com.

They did not provide an avenue to provide private feedback so I will take it to the public forum. I understand why they do not provide for public feedback (they would be deluged with comments which they do not have the time to reply to), and I also understand they will probably not read this (no one else reads my blog). But I still have my complaints, and here they go.

There is no dating mechanism on comments to blog postings. I find it amusing that the time of posting is available but we are left to guess just which date the post was made. Perhaps this is not a big problem for the "popular" blogs?

How come the posting toolbar is not available for comments? While I understand the comments will recognize HTML commands for the learned, some of us are not so wise. Me? I just have to keep asking my son to instruct his father on the details. It was hard enough for me to learn the toolbar (which I have still not figured out how to completely exploit) without having to rely on my son to provide the foreign language knowledge necessary to post a comment with a link in the comments.

Just a little feedback. All in all I think Google does great things for mankind. I just want to provide a little feedback so they might do the already good job a little better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Firstly, there is a dating mechanism for comments. Look at the comments on my blog.

It's a matter of choosing the right settings.

In blogger, go to:
Settings --> Formatting --> Timestamp Format

Then, select one with a date, not just a time.

I agree with the posting toolbar for comments though.

Regards,
Michael Tam
vitualis' Medical Rants

12/09/2005 08:51:00 AM  
Blogger Little David said...

Thanks Michael,

Due to your help, I guess I have it figured out.

Still not sure why it was not included on the "universal", "global" or whatever they call it settings.

12/09/2005 05:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home