20060309

Conspiracy Theories - What About the Anthrax Attacks?

Recently I have been debating with Boris Epstein on his blog (see here) about conspiracy theories about the attack on the World Trade Center. I am of the opinion that Al Qaeda was behind the attacks and we might as well take Osama at his word when he claims responsibility. As far as I am concerned, the facts dump responsibility in his lap.

But what about the Anthrax attacks? (See here) a website that discusses some of the problems associated with the "official version" we have thus far been fed. Please be aware that no guilty person or party has yet been positively identified. My problem is not with what they discuss but with what I know from personal experience.

My own problems with the Anthrax attacks is that as I was listening to what was going on as America endured the attacks my own mind was racing trying to figure out who could be behind the attacks. One thing that was reported upon, in fact as far as I know it was the last attack to be reported upon as occurring, was the attack, via mail, upon an orphanage in South America. The letter that contained the attack had a Florida return address yet it bore a postmark from Switzerland. I found this report to be extremely interesting, and it pointed to a source of the attacks that I myself thought to be incredible but which might be possible.

Since those days, our government has tried to point that the culprit must have been some "evil genius" scientist who was acting on his own. This might yet be fact, but what troubles me is that when I search the web for information about the attack on the orphanage, this loose thread in the explanation we are given, I can not find anything about it.

I can google until I wear blisters on my fingertips trying to find additional information on this and I get nothing to reward my efforts. Where was this reported? While I not 100% sure, I am pretty certain I heard this reported upon by NPR. I can even search NPR's website without reward for my efforts.

This disturbs me because I am 100% certain this occurrence was reported as happening. What causes me great trouble is that information about this attack is totally absent from the web. I can even search NPR.org and it is as if this was never reported upon.

Was the internet "cleansed" of this attack? Would this attack have been too difficult to match up with the explanation that we are being offered about the anthrax attacks?

I am left wondering just why any information about this attack is totally absent from the web. Donald Rumsfeld said "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." But in this case, does absence of evidence point to something else?

I am not going to go into what I think is the explanation for this. All I know for fact is that the attack on the South American orphanage (I no longer can recall exactly which country) was reported as happening. As far as I can see, any evidence of the reporting of this occurrence has been erased from human history.

So what am I left wondering? Why is it that I can google until my fingertips are blistered and I can not find any further additional reports about it? If the report had just been erroneous (which it could have been) I should have been able to find additional info, or if nothing else find the report itself. Instead it has been erased as if it never happened, or even reported upon as happening.

What does this mean? I am not going to jump to conclusions, but I am left wondering if the "outrageous" conclusion I reached way back then might still be the truth. I am convinced that efforts to hide the truth is evidence that the truth is out there, and the truth might be pretty horrible indeed.

Perhaps if "the truth" had not just been erased? And perhaps if those who erased "the truth" had replaced it with a lie? Why did they feel it necessary to erase the truth in the first place?

I almost feel like I am living a case of X-Files. Perhaps the truth really is stranger then fiction.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

If memory serves, I thought that there was pretty convincing evidence that the anthrax mail attacks came from within the United States - insofar of the actual strain of the bacterium was the weaponised version of the Anthrax kept by the US military.

Regards.

3/12/2006 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Little David said...

Yes, but the last attack that I heard reported upon supposedly was upon an orphonage in South America.

The letter bore a Switzerland postmark, so while that says nothing about where it originally came from, it does mean the letter somehow got to Switzerland before it was mailed. And why would someone mail it from Switzerland while placing a Florida return address on it?

When I have tried to find out more about this specific attack, it is as if it never happened.

I would have been willing to accept a "reasonable" explanation, like the report was a hoax... or that the attack was unrelated to the "highly weaponized" stuff in the lethal attacks. There were some of those type cases as well as the real high quality stuff. The attack on Bill Gates was a variety of a low quality attack. Real anthrax, but real low quality in that it clumped together and was little threat to become airborne.

My alarm bells are sounding because I can not find ANYTHING on the orphonage attack. It is as if the report of it itself never happened.

3/13/2006 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

My alarm bells are sounding because I can not find ANYTHING on the orphonage attack. It is as if the report of it itself never happened.

Ministry of Truth!

You have so got to read George Orwell's 1984.

Regards,
Michael Tam

4/07/2006 02:20:00 AM  
Blogger Little David said...

Damn Michael,

You came back to this one after all that time?

I have read 1984. But, perhaps, it was so long ago, I read it in my teens when 1984 was still long into the future, that it no longer has the power for me that it still seems to have for you. I am more interested in the reality (or unreality) of our current world.

But if you liked 1984 I would recommend that you also read "Animal Farm". I think you would find it also interesting.

4/20/2006 04:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home